The Mamiki Qabathe Foundation is hosting its 1st Annual Fundraising Golf Day on the 30th of November at the Bloemfontein Golf Club. The Foundation was founded in March 2018 as a Non-profit Organization and is named after the Speaker of the Free State Legislature, Mamiki Qabathe.
The Foundation was established to enhance access to various services for the disadvantaged through community-based initiatives. The foundation provides guidance and tools that empower and contribute to the reduction of poverty within communities. The foundation also seeks to bring about substantial and sustained transformation in communities’ lives and this will be done by instilling confidence, improved self-esteem and self-reliance through entrepreneurial initiatives and the provision of skills.
The Foundation currently offers the following under its program:
- After school programme for Grade 10 -12 learners .
- Bursary fund : For grade 12 learners .
- Tertiary Applications & learnership Drive for grade 12 Learners.
- Toiletries & Sanitary Pads Drive.
- Community Library.
- Community College.
- Arts, Culture and Sports development
- Moral regeneration programs to fight crime, Gangsterism and substance abuse.
- Help people with disabilities with assistive devices.
- Small business Training Small business.
- Container Business Hub /centre Youth/small business.
- Business adopt programme big & small business.
- Community Awards Business.
- Recycling projects for business development and environmental care.
- Agricultural Project
The purpose of the Fundraising Golf Day is to instill confidence, improved self-reliance through entrepreneurial initiatives and the provision of skills and to help with assistive devices for people with disabilities. It is also to develop future learners within the province and to create networking opportunities between business and communities while pushing back the frontiers of poverty and assisting people with disabilities.
The Golf day will be sealed with a Gala Dinner hosted by the speaker herself for the official launch of the Mamiki Qabathe Foundation.